Auckland Chinese New Year Festival 2019 | ASB Showground
The 5th of February is the Chinese New Year, which is the Year of the pig! We went to the Auckland ASB Showground to attend the Chinese New Year Festival 2019. There were lots of food stalls and entertainment which attracted a lot of people. We also saw the NZ Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern give a speech during the grand opening of the festival.
The information below is from the website
"Auckland Chinese Community Centre Inc has been organising an annual Chinese New Year celebration for over 30 years.
The Festival has grown in popularity over these years, and has now become a highlight of the Auckland summer events calendar with attendance by about 20,000 persons.
Our 2019 Chinese New Year Festival & Market Day to welcome the year of the Pig will feature the following activities:
- Grand Opening by Prime Minister at 10.00am with Dragon/ Lion Dance
- Over 200 specialist stalls selling traditional & exotic Chinese hot delicacies, Chinese New Year foodstuffs, Chinese traditional arts & crafts & promoting advisory services
- Extensive entertainment programme of Chinese cultural songs, dances & musical items
- Outdoor entertainment programme of martial arts, tai chi and other Chinese activities
- Other entertainment and games & rides for children"
If you like our videos, please feel free to like, comment and subscribe. Your support is much appreciated.
Thank you very much!
Travels With Phillip
Auckland New Zealand
Follow us by